Technology for Student Success: An Introduction
- Compare and contrast instructional technology, assistive technology, accessible instructional materials, and Universal Design for Learning; determine appropriate tools to meet student needs.
- Identify available resources to support district/school use of instructional technology, assistive technology, accessible instructional materials, and Universal Design for Learning.
- Identify the three principles of the UDL framework and their associated checkpoints.
- Explore and utilize UDL resources.
- Apply UDL strategies to struggling learners.
- Define assistive technology.
- Define assistive technology services.
- Align various assistive technologies with student needs.
- Identify the characteristics of instructional technology.
- Align various instructional technologies with curriculum areas.
- Identify various types of accessible instructional materials (AIM).
- Explore a variety of AIM resources.
- Show how AIM relates to UDL, AT, and IT.
© Copyright 2009 Department of Education