Positive Behavior Support
To increase participant’s knowledge of assessing, designing, and implementing positive behavioral supports as outlined in the following Exceptional Student Educator Competencies revised in 2009:
- Analyze the legal and ethical issues pertaining to positive behavior-management strategies and disciplinary actions.
- Identify data collection strategies for assessing student behavior.
- Analyze individual and group data to select and evaluate proactive interventions that foster appropriate behavior.
- Identify and interpret the essential elements of a functional behavior assessment and a behavior intervention plan.
- Recognize the various concepts and models of positive behavior management.
© Copyright 2009 Department of Education